Lip Products on Rotation

Saturday, April 29, 2017


I am at mommy land (post a bout of bad health), sipping coconut water, munching on tapioca chips while enjoying some time off from daily chores. And that means, no access to my makeup treasure vault back at my place. Stuck with a limited number of items for daily use, these are the lip products I have on rotation:


Maybelline Baby Lips in Lolita l INR 175

The only shade of Baby Lips that I have repurchased not once, but thrice. It is the perfect chapstick with the right amount of color. Quick to just apply on-the-go without having to use a mirror. The color is a pretty, bright pink. The glossy, hydrating feeling lasts for 2 hours, but I don't mind reapplying. Keeps my lips hydrated and chap-free in the stripping AC environment.

Colourpop Sheer Lippie Stix in Safari l INR 350

I have a strong feeling, Colourpop discontinued the Sheer range, as I couldn't find them on their site. The shade Safari is very bright coral, appropriate for tan skin tone. Coral is a tough color for me to pull off, and being a sheer lipstick allows me to wear the product without much discomfort. Keeps lips hydrated and stays put for 2-3 hours. The only concern, product meltdown in the hot and humid climate.

Makeup Forever Artist Rouge Lipstick C 211 l  INR 1540

Got this as part of a Sephora sample kit. Being small and handy, it quickly secured a place in my everyday makeup kit. The color can be dubbed as a mauve, but with more white pigments/more gray tones. If you are darker than NC 42, this color may be hard to pull off. The creme formula is very easy to wear, opaque in one swipe, and stays put fo 3-4 hours. I am not a fan of the smell though, there is something annoying about the smell.

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Craving l INR 1450

This is a more pinkier version of another one of my favorites, Brick-O-La. The finish is cremesheen, very comfortable to wear, opaque in one swipe and last for 4 hours on me (without drinking and eating). The shade is a very flattering pinky-mauve, perfect for NC 42 or darker skintones.

Swatches


Sadly, I am missing a pale skin lipstick from this list. Asking Mr. G to get it for me from my vanity is like finding a pin in the haystack and I better not burn my haystack! Have a great looong weekend ya all! while I go back to sipping my coconut water 😎.

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger