2016 Beauty Favorites

Tuesday, January 17, 2017


2016 went by so fast, and now we are half way through Jan 2017! For the "New Year New Me" resolution, I have decided to limit my monthly makeup purchases 😰 .

The first week of 2017 was a little crazy, with me constantly checking the DTDC/DHL/USPS website on an hourly basis to ensure my packages reached me safely. I would like to highlight few standout products for 2016 that just blew my socks away.



Sephora Contour 24hr Wear Waterproof Eye Pencil l $10

Colossal/Eyeconic Kajals, please make way for my current favorite eye pencil{UPDATE: I think I have commitment issues, guess what, I found NEW LOVE!}, that is blacker than my soul and doesn't give me not-so-pretty raccoon eyes. The creamy, sharpenable pencil costs 10 dollars a pop in the US, and 890 in India. I was so in love with the staying power of this kajal on my waterline that I got myself two backups during the VIB sale. This pencil doesn't budge and is very easy to remove using an oil-based cleanser.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadows l $12

Let's be clear, the breakout brand for the year 2016 was ABH. They knocked it out of the park with their innovative branding and releases. First, it was the Modern Renaissance palette that set the trend for red/warm palettes, then the Master Palette by Mario. In 2016, I had the good fortune of trying their single shadows and I can assure you, they are 💣.com . ABH shadows are available in 8 finishes, namely, Metallic, Ultra-Matte, Shimmer, Velvet, Satin, Titanium, Matte, and Duo Chrome. The mattes are very creamy and blendable and the shimmer/ titanium shades are very metallic and sparkly.

ABH Liquid Lipstick Kathryn l $20

A lip favorite, not exactly the formula, but the color is the hero here. The shade is a pretty strawberry pink that is extremely flattering on the tan skin.The formula is very drying and thick but stays for 9+ hours. A little tip, apply lip balm every 4 hours, this would prevent dry and cracked lips.

Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer l $30

A matte chocolate bronzer perfect for medium to tan skin tone. It does not appear patchy and blends out like a dream. I also use this product to contour with. Comes in a very sleek golden packaging with mirror and smells like cocoa.

Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation in 108 Caramel Beige l $ 12.99

Last but not the least, favorite foundation for 2016. I did try quite a few foundations last year and as much as I love my MUFE Ultra HD foundation, it makes me look like an oil slick in a matter of hours. The Loreal Infallible foundation in Caramel Beige is a perfect match for my NC42 skin tone (probably a hairline lighter). The finish is satin and it doesn't wear out throughout the day and stays put for 6 hours in hot and humid climate. This version is not available in India.

So what were your 2016 beauty favorites?






2 comments:

Ishita Khattar said...

Have heard really good reviews about the ABH liquid lipsticks. Too bad they are drying on the lips.

Anonymous said...

Hi Thripthi,

I recently started following your blog very very recently and instantly fell in love with your content. Here are the reasons for my new fav blog (which of course is yours)
Following can be reason for my approva:
1: I am same skin tone as you (NC42), so all your suggestions work for me.
2: I live in US, so have access to all the products I see on your blog.
Most importantly,
I am fed up with paid blogging going on around, wherein bloggers suggest products they are sponsored to. It freaks me out.
3: The diva personal bloggers put out. I don't mind someone being queen/princess of their world. It is absolutely fair to be one in one's own world. But it kind of annoys me when girls/bloggers fake cuteness and try to be a dive. Its way to negativity. Ignore.
Crux is I love your makeup posts.
Thank You :)

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger