Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review

Friday, January 15, 2016


The minute Maybelline India announced the launch of the new Fit Me range on their Instagram page, I missed a heartbeat. I rang up Goodwill, Central, and Health and Glow (Beauty Suppliers, Cochin), and all of them gave me the same standard reply "Mostly next week, we will have the product in-stock". When I went in to buy some antibiotics at the LULU Medical shop, I found the whole new range of Fit Me stacked carefully on their racks. I couldn't contain my excitement and gave away my hyena laugh. The SAs couldn't understand why I was so excited about this new foundation. 

Image Courtesy: Maybelline India Instagram Page

I have been testing this product for the past two weeks now, and I though I would share my first impression on the same. 

For the sake of background information:

Skin Type: Combination to Oily (Humid climate)
Skin Concern: Pigmentation around the mouth
Finish: Matte
Shades Launched: 6 (Ivory, Warm Nude, Natural Buff, Sun Beige, Warm Honey, Toffee)
Shade Selected: 322 Warm Honey

Image Courtesy: Maybelline India Instagram Page

Cost: INR 525 ($7.5)

Claims: Get natural and flawless complexion from every angle with Fit Me!® Matte + Poreless liquid foundation. Skin that shows its fabulous best. Its 25% anti-shine perlite + micro blurring powders, make visible pores and shine disappear, getting you the perfect selfie-ready look.

Packaging:


  • Sleek with a glass bottle and black screw-on cap. 
  • Doesn’t come with a pump leading to wastage of product.
  • Shade name and number is printed on the cap.

My Thoughts:


  • Very easy to blend (I use RT foundation brush).

  • Medium to buildable coverage.
  • Applies demi-matte (satin).
  • Does not transfer like crazy.
  • Does not feel oily on touch like MAC Face and Body. 
  • Gives a light white cast (ashiness) around my mouth (pigmentation) as the shade Warm honey has a pink undertone.




Wear Test:
  • It does transfer to my glasses.
  • After around 5 hours, the product starts fading from points where I get dewy the most, like, tip of my nose, forehead etc.
  • I am impressed by the product's ability to keep my natural oils under control. 
  • Matte action is on-par with MAC Studio Fix Fluid.
  • As for the pore filling abilities, I couldn’t find much difference, I have small pores along my nose, which didn’t disappear on application.



1 comment:

Liyana Aris said...

I didn't even know there's a matte range for Fit Me! Not sure if this is in Malaysia, but I might pop into a pharmacy soon and find out. I have feeling that the number of shades available would be terrible - as usual!

The thing is, the original Fit Me made me break out a little but me being the sucker that I am, I know I'd still try this one if they have a good match for my skin tone! Always on a foundation hunt, aren't we all...

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger