One Product-Multiple Ways: Kajal

Thursday, November 26, 2015


Fancy a quick makeover with just one product, read on!
Here is the thing about makeup, there are no rules. Necessities are the real source of invention, and in my case this statement holds true. Last Friday, Mr. G was invited as the chief guest for a popular award event hosted by a Malayalam channel. I was at my home relishing home made fish curry, hardly carrying any makeup when the invite came through. I didn't have enough time to go to my apartment and pick up my HGs. I had to make use of whatever I had and in my case all I had was a BB cream (Colorbar), gray and black Lakme Eyeconic eye pencils and a lipstick. I used the gray and black eye pencil in multiple formats that day and here is how:

  • As a kohl on my waterline (eyes)
  • As an eyebrow pencil; I have black (jet black) eyebrows that is sparse at spots. I used the eye pencil in light small strokes. I blended the color outwards using my fingers and also made sure that I didn't take it too close to the center of the brows to avoid harsh looking brows.
    If you have any other hair color, it may not work out for you. Use the product light handedly as these pencil are very pigmented.
  • The gray pencil as an eye shadow. I applied all over my eyelids and then blended using my fingers. Blending was a tough task as the gray pencil was very dry. It would be a great idea to choose a creamy eye pencil, as it will make blending a lot easier.
  • As a bindi. I do this all the time if I need a quick and small bindi.
Original picture from the event day

Original picture from the event day
  I tried to re-create the eye shadow effect, this time with a more neutral brown pencil: Chambor Eye Tattoo Liner.


On my face in the above picture:
Foundation: Loreal True Match (N7) + MAC Studio Fix (NC43.5)
Concealer and Contour:  LA Girl Pro Conceal (Warm Honey and Fawn)
Blush: Tarte Poppy Picnic Palette
Eyebrow: Maybelline Colossal Kajal
Eyeshadow: Chambor Tattoo Liner
Lipstick: MAC Relentlessly Red


See what a RS. 250 ($3.50) pencil can help you with!

No comments:

Designed by Pish and Posh · Powered by Blogger